Monday, January 9, 2012

Saving money on groceries!!! EVERY cent counts!

As a SAHM (that's "Stay At Home Mom" for those of you who don't know) and in this day and age, when spending money, saving every single penny helps!  I am far from the folks you see on Extreme Couponing on TLC, but I do clip coupons from the Sunday paper, print them from a few sites online, etc.
I would LOVE to pay $10 for $300 + worth of groceries (or even "get paid" as some people do!) but let's face it, it's a lot to it, and I don't have that much time or brain power! LOL!   I DO typically save $50-$100 on a $250-$400 grocery shopping trip.  I'm happy if I can save $1; saving more? Yes, please!!!

Saving this much is honestly simple!  Look, if *I* can do it, anyone can!  My husband & I shop 99% at Kroger.  We love it!  We have Food Lion, Martin's (used to be Ukrop's locally & we can't STAND Martin's!,) and Walmart all within 5 miles of us.  Kroger is our #1 favorite hands down.  Their sales are great most of the time.  They often have 10/$10 sales which are great!  They also have online coupons available to load to your savings card, but keep in mind that these coupons do NOT double.  (Check your local store. coupon rules vary. At our Kroger they double up to and including 50 cent coupons daily. Never double/triple anything higher.)  I also make sure to check www.savingstar.com! They have coupons available that upload to your savings cards! Yes, that's plural... savings cardS.  You put in all your information to your various cards & they're automatically uploaded to them all!    I make sure I have the apps loaded onto my Android phone so I can glance & remember what exactly I have on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment